(NOC 4165 Health policy researchers, consultants, and program officers: Health Services Researcher)
The Centre for Rural and Northern Health Research (CRaNHR) at Laurentian University is seeking a full-time
Research Associate to work as a Health Services Researcher. CRaNHR (www.cranhr.ca) is an academic and
applied research institute that conducts scientific studies on the organization, delivery, and effectiveness of rural
and northern health services. CRaNHR personnel work closely with Faculty Investigators at Laurentian
University and the Northern Ontario School of Medicine to conduct grant and contract-funded research.
• Masters’ or Ph.D. in health sciences, health professional education, population health, health services
research, or other relevant disciplines (e.g., epidemiology, psychology, economics, geography, Indigenous
studies, anthropology, sociology).
• Research experience and knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
o Rural, remote, or northern population health service access and use, and health status or well-being
o Patient-oriented health research
o Digital or virtual health care research
o Evaluation research
• Practical understanding of Quantitative research methods.
• Proficiency in using a variety of Quantitative analytics software packages (e.g., SPSS, SAS, Stata, R)
• Understanding of knowledge transfer and translation; with the ability to write for diverse audiences.
• Working knowledge of Qualitative research methodologies would be an asset, but not essential.
• Strong verbal and written communication skill in English is essential. Bilingual English/French would be an
asset, but not essential.
Responsibilities for this position include the following tasks
• Conducting quantitative data analysis.
• Writing research reports and manuscripts based on quantitative data.
• Searching, reviewing, and synthesizing research literature.
• Identifying funding opportunities and assisting in grant writing.
• Designing and conceptualizing research projects.
• Translating evidence-based research into community reports, newsletters, academic publications, and
Starting December 2019 for one year, with the option to renew.
Rate of Pay
This is a full-time professional position that offers a comprehensive benefits package and a
salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. CRaNHR offers educational
opportunities to help employees develop their research capacity and academic achievements.
Submit a cover letter describing how your experience and training meet the needs of this
position, and a curriculum vitae or resume. Submit your full application no later than November
25, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you be invited for an interview, then CRaNHR will require the names and contact information (including email address and phone number) of three referees.
CRaNHR will begin reviewing applications upon receipt and so we urge you to submit your
application as soon as possible.
Laurentian University is committed to equity in employment and encourages applications from all qualified
applicants including women, Indigenous peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.